Kevin C. Moran
Kevin C. Moran is an Associate Attorney at Shamoun & Norman, LLP. He practices primarily in commercial litigation. Since joining S&N in January of 2008, Mr. Moran has represented businesses and individuals in a variety of complex commercial legal disputes involving real estate, breach of contract, commercial loans, securities, officer and director liability, corporations and partnerships, and fraud. He is experienced in all stages of litigation, including pleading practice, discovery, motion practice, mediation, and trial practice. Mr. Moran has also represented individuals and businesses in a broad range of family law disputes, including divorce, property division, child custody, pre-marital agreements, and post-divorce modifications.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Moran earned a Bachelor of Arts in Business Economics from the University of Texas. He received his Juris Doctor in 2006 from The John Marshall School of Law in Chicago, Illinois, where he served on the Executive Board for The Law Journal of Computer and Information Law, was a member of the Honors Moot Court and Negotiation Teams and the Corporate Law Association, and was listed on the Dean’s Honor Roll. While in law school, Mr. Moran gained extensive experience at a general practice law firm, focusing primarily on commercial litigation and corporate transactions.
Prior to joining S&N, Mr. Moran worked as an attorney for a commercial real estate development firm, a position that allowed him to travel throughout Texas to perform due diligence on potential real estate investments and site acquisitions. Mr. Moran also concentrated on business formation and counsel, contract preparation, commercial and government loans, and real estate transactions and disputes.
Mr. Moran was admitted to the State Bar of Texas in 2007. He is a member of both the Dallas Bar Association and American Bar Association.
Since 2007, Mr. Moran has provided representation in a wide array of litigation and transactional matters, including:
- representation of Plaintiff in the successful prosecution of DTPA action against a large national retailer, that resulted in a final judgment in favor of Plaintiff on all claims;
- representation of limited partner against general partner and partnership in the successful prosecution of breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, defalcation, fraud, conspiracy, and alter ego action against involving misappropriation of partnership funds, that resulted in a final judgment in favor of limited partner on all claims;
- representation of Defendant in the successful defense of breach of contract and securities fraud action against an international realty investment company and energy company, that resulted in a favorable, final negotiated settlement on all claims;
- representation of a large national home builder, in the successful defense of wrongful death, premises liability, and negligence action, that resulted in the pre-trial dismissal of certain of Plaintiff’s claims, and a favorable final settlement on remaining claims;
- representation of bankrupt borrower and alleged guarantors of a multimillion dollar loan, secured by commercial real estate, in restructuring of debt with the assistance of outside bankruptcy counsel;
- representation of large healthcare provider and investment company in the prosecution and defense of breach of contract, misappropriation of trade secrets, conversion, unfair competition, breach of fiduciary duty, Texas Theft Liability Act, unjust enrichment, and conspiracy action, that resulted in a favorable, final negotiated settlement on all claims;
- representation a large national diesel fuel supplier in the successful prosecution of breach of contract, Texas Business and Commerce Code, quantum meruit, fraud, alter ego, and conspiracy action, that resulted in a final judgment in favor client on all claims;
- representation of homeowner in the successful prosecution of conversion, nuisance, trespass, water code violation, and injunctive relief action against various construction entities, banking institutions, and technological development company;
- representation of large Latin American food exporter in the successful defense of breach of contract action, that resulted in a favorable, final negotiated settlement on all claims;
- and representation of tenant in the prosecution of constructive eviction and Texas Property Code violations action against Texas realtor company, that resulted in a final judgment in favor of tenant at the trial on the merits.