C. Gregory Shamoun
C. Gregory Shamoun is the President of C. Gregory Shamoun, P.C., the Managing Partner of Shamoun & Norman, LLP. He brings over twenty years of experience in the areas of real estate, finance, and commercial litigation. Mr. Shamoun’s practice emphasizes the cultivation of close, long-term, flexible relationships.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Shamoun worked as a real estate broker and earned a Masters in Business Administration from Dallas Baptist University. He received his J.D. in 1989 from St. Mary’s University in San Antonio, Texas. Mr. Shamoun also served as special advisor to Austria’s Swarovski family, a position that allowed him to travel the world performing due diligence on potential real estate investments. Mr. Shamoun also worked in the areas of leasing, management, and development of real estate for high net worth individuals, private real estate concerns, and savings and loans.
Mr. Shamoun is a member of both the Texas and New York State Bar Associations and is admitted before the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, Eleventh Circuit and Federal Circuit, and the U.S. District Court in the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas and the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York.
Mr. Shamoun is also a Certified Mediator, Professional Services and Education (Dr. Ferrell).
Mr. Shamoun, along with his team at Shamoun & Norman, LLP, has provided representation in a broad range of matters including:
- representation of a large Latin American food exporter in a contest for corporate control;
- representation of borrower in the reorganization of equity and restructure of its first lien debt for a regional company owning several warehouses;
- representation of the bankrupt borrower and alleged guarantors of a $12,000,000 loan secured by real property in Travis County, Texas in restructuring;
- representation of the bankrupt borrowers and alleged guarantors of three loans with a combined amount of over $28 million, secured by commercial real estate in Fresno, California in restructuring with the assistance of outside bankruptcy counsel;
- representation of the bankrupt borrower and alleged guarantor of a $7,197,000 loan secured by real property in Wisconsin in restructuring with the assistance of outside bankruptcy counsel;
- representation of the bankrupt borrower and alleged guarantor of a $3,750,000 loan secured by real property in LaPorte County, Indiana in restructuring with the assistance of outside bankruptcy counsel;
- successfully prosecuted an adversary claim which resulted in the Court denying dischargeability of certain debts;
- representation of certain former equity interest owners in the debtor in an action filed by the estate to avoid alleged preferential transfers;
- representation of an independent contractor of the debtor in an action filed by the estate to avoid alleged preferential transfers;
- successfully representing a member of America’s most renowned, wealthiest, families in seventeen (17) distinct trust fund litigation matters against his son, who claimed early inheritance of part of the trust, in which the amount in controversy exceeded $1 billion;
- successfully represented a domestic real estate developer of a major international resort project on appeal of an adverse $10,000,000.00 judgment rendered against the client in connection with the equity components of the foreign entity after the jury verdict, in which a reversal and rendition of judgment in the client’s favor was obtained;
- successfully prosecuted breach of contract, fraud, civil conspiracy, and breach of fiduciary duty claims against a hotel manager that usurped the client’s corporate opportunities relating to a luxury resort development in Dubai;
- successfully represented a sizable construction component concern in a case involving theft of services and fraud, in which summary judgment was granted and only 6 months had elapsed from the filing of the original complaint to the date the judgment was collected on behalf of the client;
- successfully defended a client in a suit involving misappropriation of confidential information, in which all claims were released shortly after filing for a more definite pleading statement;
- represented a high profile client in a high stakes defamation and invasion of privacy matter against the media, in which a temporary injunction against the media defendants was obtained;
- successfully represented a large title company in defense of a federal suit involving a large portfolio of residential real estate closings, in which a favorable settlement was obtained;
- successfully represented a prominent real estate multi-family developer in a suit for specific performance under a purchase contract for 13 acres of land on which the buyer intended to build an apartment complex;
- defended a guarantor of a $14,000,000.00 commercial loan secured by real property that was nonjudicially foreclosed by a prominent Hong Kong bank;
- successfully defended a client in a $10,000,000.00 suit in California involving an alleged fraudulent sale of oil and gas securities offerings, in which a take-nothing judgment was obtained;
- successfully obtained summary judgment for clients against a plaintiff seeking a $735,000.00 shortfall in a suit in which the plaintiff alleged, after the close of a real estate transaction, that due to mutual mistake, the acreage conveyed was inaccurate and the defendants represented they would make up the shortfall
- defended a $52,000,000.00 suit over 6 years against 5 multinational law firms, in a suit against a landlord by a tenant where an early termination option of the commercial lease had not been properly exercised, in which a favorable settlement was obtained;
- defended a telecommunications class action lawsuit in federal court in the Eastern District of Missouri;
- successfully tried and obtained a jury verdict from a California jury in a fraud claim against a health industry concern;
- defended a large shareholder derivative action upon reversal of a $20,000,000.00 arbitration award by the Fifth Circuit due to bias;
- defended a large Texas healthcare provider against claims of financial fraud made by a national private equity fund following its purchase of a majority stake in the provider prosecution of a suit for breach of contract and fraud in Los Angeles against a major airline following the development of product specifically tailored to the airline’s inflight WiFi technology.